The main IFAC Foundation goals are to:
- Engage in scientific, technical and educational activities, directed toward the advancement of the theory and practice of control engineering, allied branches of engineering and related arts and sciences.
- Promote the awareness and dissemination of the social relevance of the automatic control.
- Improve communications of scientific results in the field of interest to IFAC, particularly in developing countries.
- Conduct activities anywhere in the world.
- Seek donations from individuals and organizations, both private and public who support the development of automatic control sciences, technologies and education in general or specific areas without political or business purposes.
To achieve its goals, the IFAC Foundation will undertake the following activities:
- Fund raising. To solicit funds from potential donors.
- Project selection. To determine projects to be funded based on submitted proposals. For this purpose, a “call for projects” will be periodically issued.
- Outreach. To ensure that Foundation sponsored activities are widely publicised.
- Asset management. To guarantee a sound financial situation of the foundation, ensuring fiscal accountability to IFAC and donors.
The IFAC Foundation will not operate activities such as the establishment of a school of engineering nor become engaged in the practice of engineering.
The Foundation will not engage in propaganda or, by any means, attempt to influence legislation.